Any of my friends or family can tell you that I am a chocoholic – and DARNED proud of it! I even had a chocolate-themed Christmas tree in my first apartment! So when I tell you I look for chocolate recipes that I can even remotely say MIGHT be healthy for me, I try to latch on them and use them (sparingly, of course!).
This recipe is super simple, requires only a few ingredients, and tastes amazing!! Be sure to have napkins handy — you will have messy hands and face after eating these!
If you want to find the Salted Caramel Sugar from Spice & Tea Exchange of St. Augustine, click HERE!
Chocolate Covered Almonds With Salted Caramel Sugar
So simple and so tasty - make sure you have plenty of napkins when you eat these delicious chocolate clusters!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups whole, toasted almonds (Toast in 350 degree oven, 5-10 mins)
- 8 ounces chocolate, melted (I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet, but works great with dark chocolate, too!)
- Salted Caramel Sugar for topping-You can use course turbinado sugar and course sea salt (I used a product from Spice & Tea Exchange Of St. Augustine, FL)
- In a double boiler (or microwave), melt the chocolate.
- Place toasted almonds into a bowl, then pour chocolate over the almonds. Mix thoroughly.
- On a parchment paper covered pan, place rounded spoonfuls of the chocolate/almond mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle with sugar/salt topping.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator until set.
- When serving, eat immediately! (Of course, they WILL go fast!)