“Why serve store-bought salad dressing to your family, when it is so easy to make it fresh?”
That is what I kept hearing over the years from different people. I thought, “Who has time for that, when there are such good dressings at my local market?” Besides, my kids use bottled ranch dressing like it is ketchup (and if you have kids, I’m sure you understand!). When I tell you we usually have 4 bottles of bottled ranch dressing in the pantry, I’m not embarrassed – it is a way of life!
Well, after making my own dressing (not just a simple vinaigrette), I realized they are right!! It tastes so much better than bottled!
So I am sharing a simple and OH SO TASTY Buttermilk Ranch Dressing recipe with you! My kids love it, I love it, and you actually use less because it is so full of flavor!
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 T chopped, fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ⅓ cup Buttermilk (plus a little more, to thin out the dressing if it is too thick for your taste)
- ⅓ cup sour cream (you can substitute greek yogurt here!)
- ⅓ cup mayo (you can use light mayo)
- NOTE: Feel free to play around with the amounts of each ingredient to suit your taste!
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together.
- Whisk the ingredients.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Lasts up to 5 days.