I enjoy having birds visit my back yard feeders, and I thought this DIY Bird Seed Wreath would make a great holiday gift for anyone who loves birds! And best of all, it is EASY to make!
Notice in this photo, I added to the bottom of the bundt pan (before I added the seed mixture) dried, unsweetened red cranberries — just to add to a festive look!
The wreath dries in about 24 hours. And then you can hang it on your favorite tree for the birds to enjoy!
DIY Bird Seed Wreath
Make this simple holiday gift for the Bird Lover in your life!
Recipe type: Recipe For Birds
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ cup flour
- 4 cups bird seed
- Dried red fruits, such as dried cherries or cranberries (unsweetened)- optional
- Holiday Ribbon
- Bundt Pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine water and gelatin in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add flour and corn syrup and whisk until it is a thick paste.
- Add in bird seed and mix until all seeds are well coated.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Add selected dried fruits to the bottom of the pan.
- Firmly press the bird seed mixture into the bottom of pan.
- Set aside in a cool, dry place for 24 hours, or until dried completely.
- Remove from pan and add holiday ribbon. Hang on a tree outside and watch the birds enjoy!