I enjoy having birds visit my back yard feeders, and I thought this DIY Bird Seed Wreath would make a great holiday gift for anyone who loves birds! And best of all, it is EASY to make!
Notice in this photo, I added to the bottom of the bundt pan (before I added the seed mixture) dried, unsweetened red cranberries — just to add to a festive look!
The wreath dries in about 24 hours. And then you can hang it on your favorite tree for the birds to enjoy!
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ cup flour
- 4 cups bird seed
- Dried red fruits, such as dried cherries or cranberries (unsweetened)- optional
- Holiday Ribbon
- Bundt Pan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine water and gelatin in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add flour and corn syrup and whisk until it is a thick paste.
- Add in bird seed and mix until all seeds are well coated.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Add selected dried fruits to the bottom of the pan.
- Firmly press the bird seed mixture into the bottom of pan.
- Set aside in a cool, dry place for 24 hours, or until dried completely.
- Remove from pan and add holiday ribbon. Hang on a tree outside and watch the birds enjoy!