Candied Bacon – A decadent, indulgent snack that just happens to pair beautifully with cocktails! Plus it is great as a hostess gift, or crumble a little over a nice salad!
This smells divine as it is cooking in the oven – Be sure to turn the bacon when it is halfway through cooking. And remember, since ovens do vary, begin checking the bacon starting at about 40 minutes into cooking to make sure it doesn’t burn! The bacon will look dark because it will be covered in that yummy spice and brown sugar mixture!
When the candied bacon comes out, rest it on clean paper towels to pull some of the fat away. This stores best at room temperature!
- 12 slices thick cut bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder (adjust all spice amounts to your preferences!)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- A sprinkle or 2 of ground cayenne pepper - optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil (so you don't ruin the cookie sheet!). place a baking rack on the cookie sheet and spray generously with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine the brown sugar and spices on a dinner plate.
- Taking one piece of bacon at a time, press the bacon into the brown sugar mixture, making sure you cover both sides.
- Lay the pieces on the baking rack.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- NOTE: Ovens do vary, so be sure to check on the bacon regularly as it cooks!