My family LOVES sweet potatoes! I served these and they were a BIG hit, so I believe I will serve them for Thanksgiving this year. Buttery layers of sweet potatoes with rosemary and garlic and fresh parmesan cheese – my mouth is watering just thinking about them!
These are a different way to serve those delectable, spuds of the South! And best part? No mini marshmallows!
- 4-5 sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and sliced into thin slices.
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary (plus another teaspoon for topping at end)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2-4 Tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese (plus 2 TBS for topping at end)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine in a large bowl the melted butter, olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and whisk until they ingredients are blended.
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese and lightly wish.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes to the bowl and mix until all slices are coated in the oil mixture.
- In a light greased muffing tin, layer the sweet potatoes until each tin is filled to the top. These will shrink down while they cook.
- Cook for 45-55 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned and are tender.
- Place on a plate and top with more parmesan cheese and fresh chopped rosemary. Serve immediately.