My family LOVES sweet potatoes! I served these and they were a BIG hit, so I believe I will serve them for Thanksgiving this year. Buttery layers of sweet potatoes with rosemary and garlic and fresh parmesan cheese – my mouth is watering just thinking about them!
These are a different way to serve those delectable, spuds of the South! And best part? No mini marshmallows!
Sweet Potato Stackers
Buttery layers of sweet potatoes, paired with rosemary, garlic and fresh parmesan - these Sweet Potato Stackers are sure to be a hit at the next family gathering!
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4-5 sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and sliced into thin slices.
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary (plus another teaspoon for topping at end)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2-4 Tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese (plus 2 TBS for topping at end)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine in a large bowl the melted butter, olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and whisk until they ingredients are blended.
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese and lightly wish.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes to the bowl and mix until all slices are coated in the oil mixture.
- In a light greased muffing tin, layer the sweet potatoes until each tin is filled to the top. These will shrink down while they cook.
- Cook for 45-55 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned and are tender.
- Place on a plate and top with more parmesan cheese and fresh chopped rosemary. Serve immediately.