One of my favorite vegetables, second only to broccoli, is zucchini! It is a very versatile veggie! So speaking as a Zucchini Lover, this recipe is fantastic! You can almost convince yourself it is healthy because it is mostly zucchini, with a little bit of cheese!
I suggest you double the recipe – I made a single batch and literally, all of the pieces were devoured in minutes. And this recipe has my little vegetarian’s stamp of approval!
Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bites
These easy, cheesy zucchini bites will have carnivores, and vegetarians alike, devouring them!
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 2 dozen
- 3-4 zucchini, cleaned & shredded (yields approximately 1.5-2 cups shredded)
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can also use shredded mozzarella and add in parmesan!)
- ¼ cup panko or Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- After shredding the zucchini, place it into a clean, dry paper towel and squeeze out the excess water and place the zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet (I placed parchment paper on the cookie sheet and then greased that.)
- Bake in the oven for 14-20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges.
- Eat plain or with ranch dressing for dipping (but they really don't need the dressing!)