One of my favorite vegetables, second only to broccoli, is zucchini! It is a very versatile veggie! So speaking as a Zucchini Lover, this recipe is fantastic! You can almost convince yourself it is healthy because it is mostly zucchini, with a little bit of cheese!
I suggest you double the recipe – I made a single batch and literally, all of the pieces were devoured in minutes. And this recipe has my little vegetarian’s stamp of approval!
- 3-4 zucchini, cleaned & shredded (yields approximately 1.5-2 cups shredded)
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can also use shredded mozzarella and add in parmesan!)
- ¼ cup panko or Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- After shredding the zucchini, place it into a clean, dry paper towel and squeeze out the excess water and place the zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet (I placed parchment paper on the cookie sheet and then greased that.)
- Bake in the oven for 14-20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges.
- Eat plain or with ranch dressing for dipping (but they really don't need the dressing!)