I kick off this month of being Thankful For The Season! And today, I am Thankful for Apples!
If you love apples and cinnamon, and you like things simple, this is the cake for you!! Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream, or drizzle with your favorite cream cheese glaze!
Simple Apple Cake
Full of apple and cinnamon!
Recipe type: Baking
Serves: Approx. 16 servings
- 2 Eggs
- 1¾ Cup Sugar
- 2-3 Heaping teaspoons of Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 6 Medium Gala, Fuji or Honey Crisp Apples
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil.
- Peel and slice the apples, and add to the mixture in the bowl.
- Mix together the baking powder and the four, then add to the bowl. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Pour into 2 greased 9 " cake pans (or one greased 9x13" pan). Bake for approximately 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm plain OR with vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!