This is a super recipe to prepare the day before a big event or football game (think EASY tailgating!). Serve on sub rolls, with a little provolone cheese, roasted red peppers – OH SO GOOD!
Crockpot Italian Beef
Juicy Italian-spiced beef, shredded and ready to serve at a tailgate or any informal event! This recipe is perfect to serve up on sub rolls, with a little provolone cheese, some roasted red peppers!
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 3 cups water or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of each: sea salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, onion powder, and garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- One package of dry, Italian salad dressing mix (I used Zesty Italian!)
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 5 lb. rump roast
- Place rump roast into crockpot.
- Sprinkle onions over roast.
- In a saucepan, boil the water (or broth if you are using that).
- Add the spices, bay leaf and Italian dressing mix and stir. Bring to a rolling boil and turn off heat.
- Pour the mixture over the roast, then cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Serve on toasted sub rolls with melted provolone cheese, roasted red peppers and salted onions! Enjoy!