I love guacamole, and my favorite is from the restaurant, Cantina Laredo. They make it table side for you and adjust the seasonings to fit your taste. Here is a pretty close version of their recipe – Many people don’t care for the taste of cilantro, so feel free to adjust this recipe based on your likes!
- 2 Haas avocado (review my tips in video above to find the perfectly ripe avocado)
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup of a small purple onion, chopped very fine
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper (I use 1/4 or even less). If you don’t want to deal with chopping a jalepeno pepper, use canned, pre-chopped version – about 1/2 to one whole teaspoon.
- 2 T. fresh Lime juice (I recommend fresh lime juice over packaged lime juice. Some things are worth the work!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I tend to not use salt, but I do when working with avocados and eggs!)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 T. fresh cilantro chopped (Omit if you don’t like the flavor!)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder in a bowl and mix. In a separate, small bowl, scoop out avocado flesh and mash with a fork.
Add avocado, jalapeno, tomato, onion, and cilantro to lime juice mixture. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, or save using the method in my video above.