I love the taste of fresh tomatoes in the summer! This recipe, from BettyCrocker.com, uses Bisquick mix to make a tasty and simple tart that tastes like Summer!
- 1 pound assorted tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup sandwich spread, mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3 medium green onions, chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place tomato slices in single layer on paper towels; sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. In medium bowl, cut butter into Bisquick mix, using pastry blender, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms. Press dough on bottom and up side of tart pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Cool 10 minutes in pan on cooling rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
In medium bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, sandwich spread, green onions and basil. Spread over crust. Pat tomatoes dry with paper towels; arrange over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove tart from side of pan before serving. Garnish with additional chopped basil, if desired.