I wish I could say I developed this recipe, but credit goes to a group of women in my neighborhood who have an annual Soup Cook Off Competition. This recipe was a winner one year – It is yummy, slightly creamy, and just plain simple to make! Hope you enjoy!
Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola il
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 2 can (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Add sour cream and cream in last five minutes of cooking. Serve with shredded cheese and hot sauce (both optional). Enjoy!