High schools across the country look to parents to stock their concession stands during sporting events! As a parent of two student athletes, I know it can be hard to find recipes that SELL at the high school concession stand! Well, this recipe for Crockpot Mac & Cheese is a sure-fire, big seller! All that creamy goodness. The recipe comes from 101CookingForTwo.com – be sure to check his site out for great recipes! I doubled the recipe and adjusted some of the spices!
- 4 cups elbow macaroni pasta, cooked for about 6 minutes and drained (yes, I undercook it!)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups shredded cheese (I used a combo of sharp and mild cheddar)
- 8 T butter
- 2 10¾ oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 t salt (or to taste)
- 1 t pepper (or to taste)
- 1 t dry mustard
- ¼ to ½ t Cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large crockpot/slow cooker, combine the undercooked macaroni and all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and set on low for approximately 2 hours.
- Stir every 30 minutes to ensure the cheese does not burn.
A Few Concession Stand Tips:
Making hot dogs for the stand? Don’t worry about grilling them – use your crockpot! Open your packages of hotdogs and empty them into the crockpot (adding whatever liquid is in the package, but no more!). To save room, stand the hot dogs up on one end to allow for large batches of hot dogs! Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours. So simple!
Provide Simple, Healthy Alternatives! When people are stuck all day or evening at an event, they would like a little healthy stuff thrown in! Cheese sticks, bananas, granola bars are always a welcome choice!
Have No Clue How To Run A School Concession Stand? Check out this terrific tutorial on the basics of a school concession stand from HubPages.com!