I was amazed at how simple this recipe is! My friends at The Spice & Tea Exchange gave me this recipe – they are a wonderful source for rich spices and flavored teas! If you ever have a chance to go to their store in St. Augustine, FL, it is a treat for your senses! The smells of the spices, the beautiful jars of spices and specialty teas – Wonderful!
The basic recipe is as follows:
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 11 oz. Bittersweet chocolate or semi sweet chocolate (I used bittersweet for a dark, rich flavor)
- 1-2 Tablespoons favorite liqueur (My suggestions: brandy, rum, spiced rum, Chambord, Kahlua or other favorite.)
Assorted Spices and Other Toppings:
- Crushed candy canes (I used this in my recipe)
- Dutch Cocoa
- The Spice & Tea Exchange Green Chili Sugar
- The Spice & Tea Exchange Spiced Cocoa Mix (I used this as well!)
Place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Scald the cream in a small saucepan, pour over the chocolate, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Whisk gently until fully incorporated, add the liqueur and stir until smooth.
Place in fridge until it has hardened. Scoop out about 1 tsp of the cold ganache and roll it into a truffle. Roll in favorite sugars or spices, then chill until firm. Serve at room temperature.
To see the original recipe from The Spice & Tea Exchange, click here.