This is a wonderful salad to serve at a BBQ or a tailgate party! I call it a sturdy salad because it can hold up to a little time outside on a warm day. Why? No mayo! Full of flavor and freshness!
- 1/3 Cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 8 Ears of corn
- 1 Tablespoon jalapenos, chopped (or for milder version, substitute ¼ cup mild, chopped green chilies)
- ½ Cup red onion, chopped
- 1 Cup chopped cherry tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes)
- ¼ Cup of mixture of chopped fresh herbs (I used chives, cilantro and basil)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Husk the corn, removing all corn silk. Brush with olive oil and grill 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until the corn is lightly charred on the outside. Using a knife, remove the corn kernels and place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whish together the Dijon mustard and the rice wine vinegar. Slowly whish in the olive oil. Add to the corn kernels (this tastes even better when the kernels are still warm!).
Stir in the remaining ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste, cover, and set aside to allow the flavors to blend together (I left mine out for an hour).
Serve at room temperature.
Refrigerate any leftovers!