Chicken Salad is a favorite go-to meal in the summer – it is chilled, light, and can be as flavorful as you want! The secret to my Chicken Salad is a sweetness from touch of curry and chopped, dried cranberries. Serve it with a beautiful salad, and you have a very nice dinner!
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4-1/2 cups mayo (I adjust the amount based on how “wet” or “dry” I want my salad.)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry (you can adjust the amount based on taste)
- 1/4 cup sweet vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken breasts in a large sauce pan, and cover with water (or chicken broth for flavor). Poach chicken over low heat, simmering until chicken is white throughout. Remove chicken to plate to cool (approx. 20 minutes). Once cool, dice chicken into 1/2 inch sized chunks.
In a large bowl, add mayo, mustard, curry, and salt and pepper to taste. Once mixed, add chopped onion, celery and cranberries. Add diced chicken and mix to fully coat the chicken. Cover and refrigerate until chilled (approx. 30 mins.).
Serve on favorite crusty bread or on top of bed of favorite greens! Enjoy!