I love a good bowl of soup, especially on cool fall evenings! I find this soup, so thick it could almost be a stew, really hits the spot! A little spicy, a little Mexican – all my favorites in one dish!
I think when you try it, it will become a family favorite, too! Serve this up with some tortilla chips, a little sour cream, cheese, and maybe a little hot sauce to taste! Enjoy!
- 1 can green chili enchilada sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 cans diced green chilies
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika (if you use smoked, this would add a smokey flavor!)
- 1 T. cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 16 oz. chicken broth (you can use more for a more soupy, soup!)
- salt & pepper to taste (optional)
- 8oz cream cheese, cubed
- Pour half the can of green enchilada sauce on bottom of crockpot, then add chicken breasts.
- Top with remaining green enchilada sauce and all other ingredients, except for the cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- A half hour before serving, take 2 forks and shred the chicken. Add in the cubed cream cheese. Stir and cover, allowing the cream cheese to melt.
- Serve when the cream cheese is melted - enjoy!